For more than 33 years, KBC has provided best-practice solutions and software to the refining industry. Most of the major international, national and independent oil and energy companies have engaged us to help them formulate and execute corporate strategy, develop superior return-on-capital investments, improve the effectiveness and profitability of existing assets, and sustainably develop their workforce.
Dynamic market changes are creating challenges for the global downstream refining sector. KBC has been advising clients regarding business strategy, market studies, facility upgrades and revamps, processing revised feedstock slates, and increasing personnel performance to optimise asset performance.
KBC assists clients with:
- Economics and planning: offering strategic services, feasibility, energy economics, and operation planning
- Process consulting: improving and optimising hydrocarbon processes
- Organisational consulting: business transformation and collaborating to align your workforce with business goals
- Reliability and maintenance: improving your processing facility's efficiency and safety, minimising downtime
- Energy efficiency: effectively managing your energy, emissions and water
- Environmental consulting: navigating environmental, health and safety issues, and complex regulatory framework
- Operator training: training that revolves around the latest best practices and accelerated operator development
- Project management: executing capital projects, leveraging organisational and technical capabilities and best practice models and software
- Flow assurance: keeping your hydrocarbon flowing smoothly, optimising your profit
- Fluids and oil analysis: using Infochem's high resolution thermodynamics intellectual property, you have the tools to accurately model reservoir fluids
Based on decades of development, and proven by hundreds of refinery simulations worldwide, our software is recognizedas the first choice for the refining industry.
Our SIM Suite models consist of detailed, kinetic and equilibrium-based reactor models. SIM models are available for the complex refinery conversion units of FCC, Catalytic Reforming, Hydrotreating and Hydrocracking, Delayed Coking, Isomerisation and Alkylation.
Petro-SIM™ 4.1 is only process simulator to include detailed crude assay management technology and provide the best methods for crude unit monitoring and LP data generation. By monitoring exchanger fouling, Petro-SIM Refining optimises cleaning, predicts heat-exchanger pressure drops more accurately and improves furnace and heater operations.
Our Energy and Utiliities software is also perfectly suited for refiners’ needs. ProSteam allows you to monitor and optimise the numerous users and producers in complex refinery steam systems. KBC CarbonManager and WaterTarget perform plant-wide analysis to manage emissions and water use.
SuperTarget, the original pinch technology software, focuses on energy optimisation by matching heat sources and sinks and determining optimum heat exchanger interchange for revamps or new designs. For existing crude preheat trains, HX Monitor™ lets refiners determine the benefits of exchanger cleaning through fouling analysis and cleaning-schedule valuation.
Our refining consultancy solutions include:
KBC provides technical and organisational solutions in areas such as leadership & management, production optimisation, asset integrity, production information & control, HSE and human-performance improvement. LEARN MORE >>