DC-SIM has been used successfully to:
- Generate and maintain LP vectors
- Analyse the impact of process changes on performance
- Optimise unit operation against real constraints
- Track and trend unit performance
- Determine alternate operating strategies
DC-SIM can be used in standalone mode to investigate the performance of the coker unit in isolation or as part of a refinery wide model that investigates the complex relationships between different processing units and the macro effect of changes in the coker unit on the entire refinery performance.