FCC-SIM has been used successfully to :
- Generate and maintain LP vectors
- Analyse the impact of changes in feed and operating conditions on unit performance
- Optimise unit operation against real constraints
- Track and trend unit performance indicators
- Study the impacts of different types of catalyst and additives on product yields
FCC-SIM can be used in standalone mode to investigate the performance of the FCC unit in isolation, in conjunction with VGO HTR-SIM, KBC’s gasoil hydrotreater model, to investigate the tradeoffs between the operation of these two units in conjunction with each other, or as part of a refinery wide model that investigates the complex relationships between different processing units and the macro effect of changes in the FCC unit on the entire refinery performance.